Health for Devs
Here is the list of tips which I found helpful for poeples who sits long and works on computers(including me 😉).
For preventing eye straining, use 20-20-20 rule for your eyes which is - Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- You can use periodic reminder apps, browsers extensions etc on your work station.
Go out for walk periodically/take a 5-10 mins break after 40/50 mins
Keep yourself hydrated, again set reminders to drink water, if you aren't drinking enough.
- Use Health apps like Samsung Health or Apple Health app etc
- Use smart watches/bands
- Keep your mobile, water bottle at distance so that you have to move
- Keep track of your Oxygen level in body, here are 5 natural ways to improve oxygen levels
- Sit at window/at place from where you can see at long distance
- Use blue light filter monitors, apps
- May can use computer glasses like offered by Zebriana
- Work on one thing at a time - multi-tasking drains out our brains
- Avoid distractions
- Don't use headphones much/for longer, remove them from your head often
- Have at-least of 2 Hrs of downtime before sleep - Keep mobile away in this period
- Avoid long meetings
- Don't use mobile when you woke-up at-least for 30 mins
- At morning go for walk, connect with Nature, or even meditate
- Use big fonts for your editors
- Use dark themes
- Medidate/Get relaxed/Feel present/Practice mindfulness
- Finish up hard/stressful/challenging tasks at the morning
- Use todos/planners for clarity of work which you have to do today
- Don't over eat, avoid junk food and sugar.
- Eat healthy.
- Do Fasting once per week/once in 15 days.
- Enjoy/Love what you doing!!!
This list can go on and on, But hope above things helps you!
Thanks.MIT © Mohan Dere.